With 2018 well and truly behind us I hope you are able to analyse some of your business headlines over the year?
- How many units of work did you complete?
- How many clients did you serve?
- What was your most profitable item of work?
- What was a loss leader?
When you see these figures in the cold light of day you can start to see where you may prefer to lead the business. Before we talk about setting targets for the coming year though, let’s talk about the business you are in. It’s always worth reflecting on your “Why?” and what your business is about. Remember there is no wrong or right about what your business is but you do need to be very honest with yourself about where you stand in the market place.
- Pile it high and sell it cheap or
- Exclusive, few clients and high quality
Perhaps you have even been thinking about changing the direction of the business? If so, now is the time to look carefully at this.